Take the first step on a rewarding career path!
SkillsBuild is a 6-week comprehensive exploratory training program, located at the New England Laborers’ Training Center (NELTC). It’s designed to prepare you through classroom instruction and hands-on learning with the skills and knowledge to enter into a state-registered building trades apprenticeship program or enter a career track in the construction/trades industry.
- hands-on work experience
- the chance to explore different trades fields
- instruction from licensed construction professionals
- industry-recognized credentials
This multi-craft training program provides participants with the information and skills they need to enter a union apprenticeship — the perfect position for starting a career in one of these prolific fields.
- are 18-24
- graduated high school or have GED/HiSET
- are DRUG FREE
- are interested in trades like carpentry, electrical, etc.
- are physically able to work
- hands-on experience
- instruction from licensed professionals
- trade work skills
- industry-related credentials
- complimentary hard hat, Red Wing work boots, and stipend
Through SKILLSBUILD you will obtain:
- career readiness
- interpersonal skills
- adult basic education
- occupational training, and much more!
Training is provided by licensed apprentice and vocational education instructors retained by the New England Laborers Training Trust Fund.
After completing this program, you will be eligible to apply for an apprenticeship in the trade of your choice.
- journeyman training
SkillsBuild is co-sponsored by the New England Laborer’s Training Trust, Building Pathways, The Building Trades Training Directors Association, MassHire Metro South/West Youth Connections and the MA AFL-CIO